We just shipped our March 2018 update and Mattermost users and admins alike have a lot to be excited about:
- Mattermost now offers enhanced compatibility with Amazon CloudFront, a content delivery network that helps accelerate load times for static assets, improving the user experience.
- E20 admins can now easily migrate users to SAML single sign-on via a CLI command, increasing security with access controls that ensure only authorized users can access critical data.
Try these new features by downloading Mattermost 4.8 today.
We have a few additional announcements to make:
- Mattermost 4.8 also features several other improvements designed to help users get even more out of the platform.
- A new version of Mattermost is released each month. Recently, some of our customers have expressed an interest in upgrading less frequently. We’d love to hear whether you think we should release an Extended Support Release. Head over to our forum to share your opinion.
- And another friendly reminder: APIv3 has been deprecated; endpoints are scheduled for removal in Mattermost 5.0. Need help migrating to APIv4? We’ve got you covered.
Thanks for all community contributions this month and in particular our 4.8 MVP, Pierre de La Morinerie, who submitted five important server pull requests, including notifying admins when a server managed by system is ready to receive network connections. This brings his total lifetime contributions up to seven. Awesome work Pierre!
Enhanced Amazon CloudFront Compatibility
Does your company have any distributed workers?
Need some help with configuring Mattermost to run on CloudFront? Read this.
SAML Migration Command
E20 customers can now easily migrate users to SAML 2.0 via a CLI command. This functionality supports single sign-on for companies that use Okta, OneLogin or Microsoft’s Active Directory Federation Services for authentication.
Admins can now quickly ensure that only authorized and authenticated individuals have permission to access data stored in Mattermost, increasing security and compliance.
Mattermost 4.8 also features several under-the-hood improvements, including:
- Reduced load times by optimizing database queries and WebSocket events destined for single users
- Created an iOS endpoint that enables users to upload files larger than 20MB
- Added several web app updates, including changing the search bar to increase the size of the channel header in tablet view
- Enhanced 508 compliance by adding alt attributes to profile pictures
- Improved incoming webhooks to accept multipart and form content
Interested in an Extended Support Release?
A new version of Mattermost is released on the 16th of each month.
Recently, some of our customers have expressed interest in upgrading less frequently. We’re currently considering whether we should release an Extended Support Release version of Mattermost, which would be supported with security backports for up to a year.
To determine the best course forward, we’d love to hear your thoughts about this idea! Head over to our forum and let us know what you think.
Reminder about APIv3 Deprecation
In case you haven’t heard, APIv4 recently replaced APIv3, which is no longer supported.
We’re planning to remove all APIv3 endpoints within the next few months with the launch of Mattermost 5.0. In the meantime, we continue improving APIv4, which makes our extensibility more flexible and simpler than ever before.
It’s time to move from APIv3 to APIv4 if you haven’t done it yet. Need some help on migration? Check out our docs.
Thank You to Our Contributors
Alexgoodman7, amyblais, AndersonWebStudio, andruwa13, asaadmahmood, avasconcelos114, billybrown1, ccbrown, chumbalum, cometkim, CoolTomatos, coreyhulen, cpanato, crspeller, csduarte, enahum, esethna, GitHubJasper, gnufede, grundleborg, hmhealey, icelander, it33, james-mm, jasonblais, jespino, jwilander, kaakaa, kemenaran, koxen, leblanc-simon, letsila, lfbrock, lieut-data, lindalumitchell, lindy65, lip-d, liusy182, lmikaellukerad, mkraft, moonmeister, MusikPolice, pichouk, rqtaylor, saturninoabril, stanchan, stephenkiers, tejasbubane, thePanz, torgeirl, Vaelor, vordimous, XinyueWang94, yuya-oc
Install or Upgrade Mattermost
New to Mattermost? Download it and try it for free.
Need help upgrading to the latest version of Mattermost? Head over here.
Mattermost Enterprise Edition E10 and E20 are commercial versions of Mattermost designed for today’s leading organizations. For more information on features and pricing, check this out.
Need some help configuring everything? Grab a subscription today and enjoy upgrade and installation support from Mattermost.