MS Teams Plugin
This experimental plugin integrates Microsoft Teams (MS Teams) with Mattermost by providing automated syncing of messages from Mattermost to MS Teams and vice versa. Enterprise subscription required for use.
MS Teams is a proprietary business communication tool developed by Microsoft as part of the Microsoft 365 platform.
This experimental plugin helps to connect technical and operational teams to a central all-employee platform in MS Teams, so that teams can smoothly communicate without context switching between applications. Some features include:
- Connect and synchronize Mattermost channels with MS Teams channels
- Connect and sync direct messages, group messages, and chats across systems
- Edited messages, markdown, reactions, and attachments also sync across systems
- Unified user management and authentication through Azure Active Directory and Active Directory Federation Services Single-Sign-On.
To get started, follow the steps in the documentation to install and configure the plugin and your MS Teams instance.
Learn more about how Mattermost and Microsoft work together.
- Do I need to be a MS Teams admin to install this?
Yes, you will need a MS Teams Administrator account to complete the setup of this integration.
- Can any Mattermost user chat with MS Teams accounts?
Yes, any Mattermost user with a MS Teams account can connect using this plugin once installed.
- What is the minimum required Mattermost Server Version?
Mattermost server version 7.7 and up is supported