What are Cookies
We may use both session and persistent Cookies to convey information to us, such as: identify that you’ve logged in to the Service; your Internet Protocol address; unique device identifiers; your browser settings and specification; and information about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, features and functionalities you utilize, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service). Cookies also allow us to track your usage of the Service over time.
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Operationally Necessary Cookies: These Cookies allow you access to our Service or to make use of certain functionality.
- Preferences: These cookies allow our Site and Service to remember the choices that you’ve made in the past, like what language you prefer, your timezone, or your username and password so you can automatically log in.
- Security: These cookies enable and support our security features and help us to detect malicious activity.
- Statistic and Performance: These Cookies collect information about how you use the Site and Service and help us assess the performance of the Site and Service, such as which pages you visit and which links you click on. This information is aggregated and anonymized and used to improve the Site and Service functionality.
- Marketing/Targeting/Advertising: These Cookies help us market more effectively to users that we and our partners believe may be interested in Mattermost. They also help provide us with aggregated auditing, research, and reporting, and know when content has been shown to you.
Third Party Data Collection and Advertising
We strive to give you choices about how your personal information is used. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer the information we collect from you to unaffiliated third parties. We do, however, share the information we collect from you with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or providing the Service to you, provided that those parties agree to keep your information confidential and secure.
This includes sharing the following anonymous usage statistics about the Service on the Gfycat feature with Gfycat: which gifs are viewed and shared (without identifying specific users); how many users have used the feature; and the search terms and categories that are selected from the Gfycat picker.
How to Opt Out
If you would prefer not to accept Cookies or otherwise wish to disable our use of tracking technologies, most browsers and mobile devices allow you to change your settings so as to notify you when you receive cookies or other tracking technologies are being used, and to choose whether or not to accept/allow it. Most browsers also allow you to disable or delete existing cookies or to automatically reject future cookies. Please note, however, that if you don’t accept Cookies or disable Cookies, you may not be able to access all portions or features of the Site or the Service.
Certain tracking technologies we use are related to advertising networks, and through those technologies we may share certain information such as IP addresses. Please note that the information we share with those advertising networks might be combined with other information about you that those networks may have collected from other sources. To learn more about advertising networks and how to opt out of sharing information with them, please click here and here. If you’re in the EU, you can find additional information about your choices with respect to advertising networks and online behavioral advertising by clicking here.
Certain tracking technologies we use involve the use of session replay scripts or other scripts that run directly from your browser. If you wish to disable these tracking technologies, you can install a third-party browser analytics blocker plug-in such as Ghostery.