The June 2022 Build
The Build is a newsletter for software engineers dedicated to sharing useful technical content on effective development and collaboration techniques. In each release, we’ll share what we’re reading this month, open source projects we’re inspired by, and more news from the DevOps community.
Read the June 2022 Build below, and subscribe to receive The Build every month right in your inbox.
What We Upvoted This Month
- Successful teams from Apple to Nest write their documentation before their code. Is it a practice worth adopting?
- TechOps is a mess. Developers need a better way to integrate the tools they rely on every day.
- CLI apps are notorious for bad UX. It’s time for CLI apps to take a few lessons from great GUIs to craft a better experience for users.
- Why bringing developer voices into the developer productivity conversation is essential to success.
- It takes all kinds of contributions to make an open source project successful – here’s how to make community recognition more inclusive.
Open Source Projects Worth Checking Out
- Dashy: An open source, highly customizable, easy to use, privacy-respecting dashboard app
- Ugly Duckling: An open source web scanner for ethical hackers
- Morph: A database migration tool designed to improve Mattermost schema migrations
Overheard in the Community:
Take a peek at what’s going on in the Mattermost Community – and join the conversation.
For the latest developer productivity tips, tricks, & OSS projects to follow, subscribe to receive The Build every month right in your inbox.