Want to build better software? Embrace the chaos | The September Build
The Build is a newsletter for software engineers dedicated to sharing useful technical content on effective development and collaboration techniques. In each release, we’ll share what we’re reading this month, open source projects we’re inspired by, and more news from the DevOps community.
Read the September 2022 Build below, and subscribe to receive The Build every month right in your inbox.
What We Upvoted This Month
- Two interesting takes on why effective software team management hinges on designing a better system and why software quality itself is a systemic problem.
- Build more robust software by learning how to break stuff with chaos engineering.
- Uplevel your debugging skills with this checklist of things to learn.
- Does your incident response plan feel incomplete? A stronger communication plan might be the missing link.
- Learn what it takes to enable successful DevOps at scale.
Open Source Projects to Watch
- Motionity – A web-based motion graphics editor that’s an alternative to After Effects and Canva.
- snoopForms – A tool that lets you build multi-page forms via React or a built-in no-code builder.
- Hanko – A passwordless user authentication system.
Overheard on the Community Server
We’re gearing up for Hacktoberfest! Join us during our biggest hackathon of the year to help improve Mattermost and earn limited-edition swag. Learn more here.