The November Build: Is open source eating AI?
The Build is a newsletter for software engineers dedicated to sharing useful technical content on effective development and collaboration techniques. In each release, we’ll share what we’re reading this month, open source projects we’re inspired by, and more news from the DevOps community.
What We Upvoted This Month
- How open source is eating AI and what that means for developers | L-Space Diaries
- Why slow productivity might be the key to sustained innovation | Cal Newport
- Want to optimize DevOps processes? Focus on people, not perfect processes | GitNation
- How running Kubernetes for seven years has changed the game for software engineers at Mercedes-Benz | The DEVOPS Conference
- DORA metrics are quickly becoming the gold standard for DevOps; learn why lead time for software delivery is a key metric | Faros
Open Source Projects to Watch
- Faro | A frontend application observability project from Grafana
- Varc | A security tool that captures snapshots of systems to help investigate security incidents.
- Whisper | A general-purpose speech recognition model from OpenAI
Help us build a better TechOps integration
We’re looking for beta testers for our new ServiceNow Standard and ServiceNow Virtual Agent integrations. If you’d like to be a beta tester for this key integration, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll help you set up a test environment.