The Build is a newsletter for software engineers dedicated to sharing useful technical content on effective development and collaboration techniques. In each release, we’ll share what we’re reading this month, open source projects we’re inspired by, and more news from the DevOps community.
Read the July 2022 Build below, and subscribe to receive The Build every month right in your inbox.
What We Upvoted This Month
- Scaling complex features can have more twists and turns than you expect. Here’s what we learned on our journey to scaling Collapsed Reply Threads.
- Feel like you’re always maxing out? Using a Kanban board to limit your work in progress might help you regain your sanity.
- Your next programming buddy might be a bot; a survey of 2,000 developers by GitHub shows using their AI pair programmer Copilot can help improve developer productivity.
- Open source software can be a powerful part of your developer team’s toolkit. But how do you find the right ones? Learn how to build an open source productivity stack in our latest guide.
- Following backlash from the developer community, Microsoft reverses their ban on open source software sales.
- Security is essential to any dev project — Ubuntu shares how to secure ROS robotics platforms (soft paywall).
Open Source Projects to Watch
- Pulsar: Runtime security observability tool for IoT
- AlmaLinux Build System: Enables transparency into the process of building AlmaLinux
- Equalify: Open source accessibility platform, integrated with all your WebOps
For the latest developer productivity tips, tricks, & OSS projects to follow, subscribe to receive The Build every month right in your inbox.