The only self-hosted messaging platform built for the control, trust, and security needs of modern enterprises
Maximize developer productivity
Improve DevOps efficiency with features developers love like Android and iOS, Mac, Windows, and Linux apps, hundreds of integrations, and code formatting.
Maintain IT control
Run your vital communications behind your firewall and under your existing security and IT policies. Get the benefits of modern collaboration without sacrificing privacy.
Collaborate securely, at scale
The free, open source version of Mattermost meets the needs of many smaller teams. But organizations with advanced user authentication, security, compliance, or scale requirements use Mattermost Enterprise Edition.
Advanced user management & administrative controls
Mattermost gives you granular control over user management and admin settings.
- Active Directory / LDAP authentication and Group sync
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Okta or OneLogin SSO via SAML 2.0
- Advanced access control policy
The most secure messaging platform
Deploy on-prem or in private clouds with full access to source code and total control of your single-tenant system. Unlike with public cloud SaaS services, you maintain complete control over your messages and data.
- Full ownership and control of data
- Operation behind your firewall or in your private cloud
- TLS encryption in transit using AES-256 with 2048-bit RSA and at rest
- Custom data retention policies
- Compliance exports in Actiance XML, Global Relay EML, or CSV formats
- Compatible with EMM solutions
- Encrypted push notifications
- Full code auditability
Scale to tens of thousands of concurrent users
Mattermost Enterprise is used by customers with tens of thousands of users sending millions of messages a day.
All Enterprise Edition plans provide support during business hours. Enterprise customers are also eligible for Premier Support, which includes response time SLA, personalized onboarding, and a dedicated customer success manager.Learn more about support