Legal Terms & Policies
Mattermost Support Terms
Mattermost provides technical support for our paid customers, either self-hosted or cloud. The level of service, including response times, varies based on a customer’s support level, as detailed below.
- SLA or Service Level Agreement: Mattermost’s commitment to the initial response time to a support ticket.
- Business Hours: 9am to 5pm local time as it relates to the requester’s location.
- Supported Self-Hosted Versions: Mattermost supports self-hosted server versions according to their respective release life-cycle.
Mattermost offers 3 main support plans for both Cloud and Self-Hosted subscriptions: Starter, Professional, and Enterprise. Customers may also purchase add-on support services, such as Premier and US-Based Support as further detailed below:
|Online Ticket Creation|
|Regional Business Day Coverage *|
|24×5 Weekday Coverage|
|24×7 Weekend coverage **|
|Direct access to senior support team|
|Screen-sharing, collaboration phone calls, and health checks|
|Access to private discussion channel with Mattermost technical staff ***|
|Installation and deployment advisory|
* Business day coverage is from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, based on the requester’s region.
** Weekend coverage is available for L1 and L2 issue escalations and begins Fridays at 5pm and ends Mondays at 9am US Pacific time zone (UTC-8 & UTC-7 DST).
*** Private discussion channel does not have any SLAs associated with it.
Along with these, there are also some additional Add-Ons to enhance different levels of support:
- US-Based Support – For customers who need the support contact to be US-based residents, this option ensures proper routing to the correct resource.
- Dedicated Virtual Secure Cloud Deployment – This addition has a dedicated Kubernetes cluster, database, and encryption keys with high availability load balancers.
While Mattermost attempts to respond to all issues in a timely manner, Level 1 and Level 2 severity levels take priority. As used in the descriptions related to severity levels, “Production” is defined as an instance of Mattermost software actively used by the customer’s business user; it does not include testing systems or production staging systems or environments.
|• Level 1 (Urgent)||N/A||4 Business Hours||2 Hours||1 Hour|
|• Level 2 (High)||N/A||8 Business Hours||4 Hours||2 Hours|
|• Level 2 (Normal)||N/A||1 Business Day||8 Business Hours||4 Business Hours|
|• Level 4 (Low)||N/A||2 Business Days||1 Business Day||8 Business Hours|
Incident Level Definitions
- Level 1 (Urgent) – Critical Business Impact – Critical issue on production system preventing business operations. A large number of users are prevented from working, and no procedural workaround is available.
- System hangs or crashes, critical functionality not available, data loss or data corruption, large number of end users blocked from work. Impact escalating quickly.
- Level 2 (High) – Major Business Impact – Major issue on production system severely impacting business operations.
- Significant performance degradation, important functionality not available, small number of users blocked from work, impact is escalating.
- Level 3 (Normal) – Moderate Business Impact – Moderate issue causing a partial or non-critical loss of functionality on production system. A small number of users are affected.
- Some system functions not available, minor performance degradation, small number of users impacted, impact is not escalating.
- Level 4 (Low) – Minor Business Impact – Minor issue on non-production system or question, comment, feature request, documentation issue or other non-impacting issue.
- Incorrect product behavior without impact, or product question or enhancement.
- Communication with IT administrators deploying and managing Mattermost
- Assistance with specific technical issues during installation
- Assistance with specific technical issues during upgrades
- Guidance around implementation and configuration
- Assistance identifying and troubleshooting problems in systems
- Identifying and creating appropriate bug reports
Support does not include:
- Support in languages other than English
- Support for end users
- Support for organizations without paid subscription
- Development questions or requests
- Please send developer questions to the Mattermost forum.
- If a Mattermost API is suspected as the root cause of an issue, sample code able to replicate the issue must be provided.
- Third party integrations, installers, images and plug-ins
- Remote administration
- Professional services including:
- Product training
- System performance and tuning
- Deployment and capacity planning
- Overall installation and upgrade services
- Support for Mattermost server releases other than the latest official release or the previous major build release.