Legal Terms & Policies
Mattermost Support Terms
Mattermost provides technical support for our paid customers, either self-hosted or cloud. The level of service, including response times, varies based on a customer’s support level, as detailed below.
- SLA or Service Level Agreement: Mattermost’s commitment to the initial response time to a support ticket.
- Business Hours: 9am to 5pm local time as it relates to the requester’s location.
- Supported Self-Hosted Versions: Mattermost supports self-hosted server versions according to their respective release life-cycle.
Mattermost offers 3 main support plans for both Cloud and Self-Hosted subscriptions: Starter, Professional, and Enterprise. Customers may also purchase add-on support services, such as Premier and US-Based Support as further detailed below:
|Online Ticket Creation|
|Regional Business Day Coverage *|
|24×5 Weekday Coverage|
|24×7 Weekend coverage **|
|Direct access to senior support team|
|Screen-sharing, collaboration phone calls, and health checks|
|Access to private discussion channel with Mattermost technical staff ***|
|Installation and deployment advisory|
* Business day coverage is from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, based on the requester’s region.
** Weekend coverage is available for L1 and L2 issue escalations and begins Fridays at 5pm and ends Mondays at 9am US Pacific time zone (UTC-8 & UTC-7 DST).
*** Private discussion channel does not have any SLAs associated with it.
Along with these, there are also some additional Add-Ons to enhance different levels of support:
- US-Based Support – For customers who need the support contact to be US-based residents, this option ensures proper routing to the correct resource.
- Dedicated Virtual Secure Cloud Deployment – This addition has a dedicated Kubernetes cluster, database, and encryption keys with high availability load balancers.
While Mattermost attempts to respond to all issues in a timely manner, Level 1 and Level 2 severity levels take priority. As used in the descriptions related to severity levels, “Production” is defined as an instance of Mattermost software actively used by the customer’s business user; it does not include testing systems or production staging systems or environments. Mattermost shall use reasonable commercial efforts to respond to incidents as set forth in the table below. The timeframes in the table regarding Response Times set forth the time period in which Mattermost will initially provide a qualified response to Customer but do not represent resolution time frames.
|• Level 1 (Urgent)||N/A||4 Business Hours||2 Hours||1 Hour|
|• Level 2 (High)||N/A||8 Business Hours||4 Hours||2 Hours|
|• Level 2 (Normal)||N/A||1 Business Day||8 Business Hours||4 Business Hours|
|• Level 4 (Low)||N/A||2 Business Days||1 Business Day||8 Business Hours|
Incident Level Definitions
- Level 1 (Urgent) – Critical Business Impact – Critical issue on production system preventing business operations. A large number of users are prevented from working, and no procedural workaround is available.
- System hangs or crashes, critical functionality not available, data loss or data corruption, large number of end users blocked from work. Impact escalating quickly.
- Level 2 (High) – Major Business Impact – Major issue on production system severely impacting business operations.
- Significant performance degradation, important functionality not available, small number of users blocked from work, impact is escalating.
- Level 3 (Normal) – Moderate Business Impact – Moderate issue causing a partial or non-critical loss of functionality on production system. A small number of users are affected.
- Some system functions not available, minor performance degradation, small number of users impacted, impact is not escalating.
- Level 4 (Low) – Minor Business Impact – Minor issue on non-production system or question, comment, feature request, documentation issue or other non-impacting issue.
- Incorrect product behavior without impact, or product question or enhancement.
- Communication with IT administrators deploying and managing Mattermost
- Assistance with specific technical issues during installation
- Assistance with specific technical issues during upgrades
- Guidance around implementation and configuration
- Assistance identifying and troubleshooting problems in systems
- Identifying and creating appropriate bug reports
Support does not include:
- Support in languages other than English
- Support for end users
- Support for organizations without paid subscription
- Development questions or requests
- Please send developer questions to the Mattermost forum.
- If a Mattermost API is suspected as the root cause of an issue, sample code able to replicate the issue must be provided.
- Third party integrations, installers, images and plug-ins
- Remote administration
- Professional services including:
- Product training
- System performance and tuning
- Deployment and capacity planning
- Overall installation and upgrade services
- Support for Mattermost server releases other than the latest official release or the previous major build release.