On-premises HipChat and Slack alternative (with migration services)
After HipChat’s end-of-life announcement, Mattermost began working with the Atlassian community to develop a migration path to Mattermost as a private cloud alternative to HipChat and Slack.
We’re excited to announce a new community of Atlassian partners that can help HipChat customers maintain and expand their productivity by moving to a self-hosted Mattermost solution.
You can download the open source version of Mattermost to get started.
We believe Mattermost is an ideal on-premises alternative for HipChat and Slack for a number of reasons:
- Mattermost offers an enterprise-grade HipChat Data Center replacement with optional high availability deployment (scaling to 60K concurrents in a single team), SAML/AD/LDAP SSO and integration, EMM and Enterprise App Store support for mobile apps, data retention policies, Actiance and Global Relay support for eDiscovery, compliance reporting and many other advanced features (read about all Mattermost features).
- Atlassian-Mattermost customers are succeeding daily with combined solutions, including Wargaming, creator of the World of Tanks video game franchise, which had over 2.6 million issues in its self-hosted Jira instance when it began integrating with Mattermost (see the video case study | read the case study).
- A broad array of Atlassian tools integrate with Mattermost, including on-premises Jira and Confluence, and more integrations are continually being added (learn more about Mattermost-Atlassian integrations).
- A growing partner community is supporting self-hosted Mattermost-Atlassian deployments, Atlassian partners who previously deployed HipChat for customers can now partner with Mattermost to provide on-prem customers a roadmap forward with Atlassian-based collaboration. To learn more about becoming a Mattermost partner, visit our partner program page or contact us.
- Mattermost is Slack-compatible, not Slack-limited. Slack users coming to on-premises Mattermost will find compatible keyboard shortcuts, navigation, slash commands and even theme colors. Moreover, Mattermost is compatible with Slack webhook integrations, so any Atlassian or custom integration built for Slack webhooks works with Mattermost. Unlike Slack, customers can run Mattermost in both on-premises and cloud environments (e.g., AWS, Azure and more).
Mattermost is working with the partner community to support migration of HipChat Data Center deployments to the on-premises Mattermost platform. Already, partners include:
- cPrime (California, United States: US and European System Integrator) – As a leading Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner, cPrime has a vast and unparalleled experience with HipChat Data Center, including a dedicated migration team and a proven track record of helping teams successfully integrate tools and adopt technology to deliver optimal business outcomes.
- Brightscout (Texas, United States: Global System Integrator) – Brightscout helps global enterprises successfully leverage the Mattermost platform to help transform messaging and communication within their organization. We take pride in being the idea-makers, implementers, and support for our clients. Our customer-first approach and proprietary “Compass” process, pays attention to detail and focuses on understanding the needs of the business first to better align Mattermost solutions to business objectives. Our talented technology experts continue evaluating the solution impact for our customers through a qualified, efficient, and timely support structure, in place to maintain optimal operating conditions and ensure that the solution continues to add real value over time.
- Adfinis SyGroup (Bern, Switzerland: European Reseller) – Adfinis SyGroup is a leading provider of open source services and solutions based in Switzerland. As a reliable service provider and business partner, Adfinis SyGroup supports clients from the private and public sectors in the planning, implementation and integration of tailor-made software projects. The core competencies of Adfinis SyGroup AG are open source engineering and DevOps, 24/7 services and support, managed services and open source development.
- ALMtoolbox (Petach-Tiqwa, Israel: European Reseller) – ALMtoolbox provides services and add-on solutions focused on ALM, DevOps, DevSecOps, SCM, IT, collaboration and continuous integration (CI/CD) for a variety of customers in many industries, including finance, IT, federal, telecom, security, medical devices, defense and more. The company was founded in 2009 and has won seven international awards for its contributions to the software community.
To get started, download the open source version of Mattermost or request a free trial of Mattermost Enterprise today.