We’re informing you about a Mattermost security update, which addresses medium-level severity vulnerabilities. We highly recommend that you apply the update.
The security update is available for Mattermost dot releases 8.0.1, 7.10.5, and 7.8.9 (Extended Support Release), for both Team Edition and Enterprise Edition. They are available for download here.
Customer safety and data security are the utmost priorities for Mattermost. For our customers’ protection, and as outlined in our Responsible Disclosure policy, Mattermost does not disclose specifics on this vulnerability until 30 days after this announcement. After 30 days, we will publish specific details on the vulnerability on our Security Updates webpage.
8.0.1 also resolves the following bugs:
- Added support for embedding Mattermost in a Microsoft Teams iframe.
- Fixed an issue where the v8.0.0 About Mattermost dialog reported an incorrect server version in the Free Plan.
- Prepackaged Focalboard plugin version 7.11.2.
7.10.5 also resolves the following bugs:
- Fixed an issue where line breaks were introduced when pasting hyperlinks in the chat.
- Prepackaged Focalboard plugin version 7.10.5.
7.8.9 also resolves the following bug:
- Prepackaged Focalboard plugin version 7.8.8.
You can follow the standard upgrade instructions to apply the updates.