Mattermost is purpose-built for developer collaboration
Mattermost offers a single pane of glass for your developers to coordinate workflows across multiple productivity apps.
Pre-built plugins (e.g., Jira, GitLab, Jenkins) and custom plugins provide contextual collaboration across DevOps processes.
User experience built for technical users
Moreover, Mattermost provides many productivity features specifically designed for the needs of developers, including:
- Code syntax highlighting
- Rich Markdown formatting
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Slash commands to automate functions, e.g., /standup
- Compact view
- Streamlined code review with git integrations
- Unlimited search history
- Extensive integration capability
Mattermost offers a broad set of integrations and services designed to work with Microsoft technologies and the Office 365 applications.
Pre-built Outlook calendar integration
With a two-way integration between Outlook calendar and Mattermost:
- See a daily summary of calendar events
- Sync calendar status automatically into Mattermost (e.g., “Away” if you have a meeting on your calendar)
- Accept or decline calendar invites
Skype integration for audio, video and screen share
Start audio and video calls with a click of a button in Mattermost, launching a new Skype meeting.
Users in a Mattermost channel can join a new meeting to share screens, present ideas, and discuss.Learn More
OneDrive integration for Office 365
Integrate OneDrive experience within Mattermost via Integromat or Zapier allows you to:
- Automatically upload new files or post messages in Mattermost
- Send notifications for new files & folders uploaded to OneDrive
- Upload and share files in OneDrive
A Collabora Online plugin for Mattermost allows you to view and edit Office 365 files, i.e., Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
User Management with Azure Active Directory
Set up Azure Active Directory (AD) for user provisioning in Mattermost:
SSO with ADFS and Office 365
Manage user provisioning with Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS):
- Enable single sign-on to Mattermost with ADFS credentials
- Automatically federate user identities from ADFS to Mattermost, e.g., full name, email, username)
- Automatically provision accounts in Mattermost for new users signing in with ADFS credentials
- Automatically manage admin access to Mattermost with ADFS attributes
As an added bonus, Mattermost supports Office 365 SSO with support for Microsoft Active Directory Tenants.
Deploy Mattermost on your Microsoft environment across the entire organization
Control your Mattermost deployment
Get full control over your Mattermost architecture:
Mattermost + Microsoft = Higher DevOps Efficiency
Increase observability, development velocity, and resolution speed with with an open source messaging platform built by developers for developers.