CNCF | April 28, 2022
Building a SaaS architecture with a single tenant application
The short version of what we did was leverage the orchestration power of Kubernetes and add another layer of orchestration on top of that, which was much more Mattermost-aware, to be able to deploy individual instances of Mattermost quickly and on-demand when a customer signs up for a workspace. This means that each customer who has their own workspace gets their own deployment of single-tenant Mattermost and a set of pods that is only for them.
Additionally, all of this wouldn’t be possible without a ton of other great, open source CNCF projects that we built our Cloud with:
- Prometheus and Thanos for monitoring
- Fluent Bit for log collection
- Flux and ArgoCD for automated deployments
- Helm and the Operator Framework for building and managing deployments
- Chaos Mesh for chaos fault simulation and reliability testing
- And others!