A hackathon for product documentation = a doc-a-thon, we’re having our first one, and you’re invited!
The goal of this product documentation-focused hackathon, which will take place July 26–August 6, 2021, is to see the customer’s documentation journey through the eyes of our Mattermost community.
There are opportunities for all contributors to get involved in this event. Help us solve technical tooling challenges. Write mobile steps for Mattermost messaging tasks. Correct inaccuracies and inconsistencies. Add or update screenshots, labeled images, animated GIFs, and videos. How do you want to improve the Mattermost product documentation? Possibilities abound!
By participating in our docathon, you’ll have a chance to win a pair of AirPod Pro headphones, cool Mattermost swag, and even endorsements or recommendations for your amazing contributions on LinkedIn or GitHub.
All the information you need to get started is included below. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
The docathon starts on Monday, July 26, 2021 at 8:00 AM EST and ends on August 6, 2021 at 5:00 PM EST.
- Join our Docathon 2021 Mattermost Channel.
- Choose a way to contribute. Bring your own idea or take on an existing docs ticket in GitHub.
- Sign the Mattermost Contributor Agreement if you haven’t already done so.
- Review our Documentation Style Guide and our documentation contribution guidelines in the Mattermost Handbook.
- When you’re ready to submit your contribution, create PRs against the mattermost/docs GitHub repository and include the Docathon 2021 label.
- Top 5 contributions: 1 pair of AirPod Pro headphones
- One or more merged PR: Mattermost swag pack
- 5+ merged PRs: LinkedIn and/or GitHub endorsements and recommendations from some of our our professional tech writers and product managers.
We look forward to seeing your creations!