The Build is a newsletter for software engineers dedicated to sharing useful technical content on effective development and collaboration techniques. In each release, we’ll share what we’re reading this month, open source projects we’re inspired by, and more news from the DevOps community.
Read The March 2022 Build below, and subscribe to receive The Build every month right in your inbox.
What We Upvoted This Month
- How open source intelligence (OSINT) is helping Ukraine win the information war. 📡
- Sharing security insights is essential to keeping everyone safer — which is why the GitHub advisory database is now open to community contributions. 🔒
- Does giving back to open source projects help cloud-native companies succeed? 🙌
- Diving into a mature open source code repo can be daunting, but that shouldn’t stop you from contributing to complex projects in a meaningful way. (Need a little extra inspiration? Here’s how one Mattermost dev navigated his first Go compiler contribution.) 🧑🏽💻
- Trying to choose a framework for your next Golang project? Here’s a head-to-head comparison of Gin and Echo. ⚖️
Open Source Projects Worth Checking Out
Code Verify – An extension that verifies the code running in your browser matches what was published
GrowthBook – Open source feature flagging, A/B testing, and experimentation
Elementary – Open source data observability for data teams
Overheard in the Community
Take a peek at what’s going on in the Mattermost Community – and join the conversation.
Please note that the Bordertown station is closed pending style updates. 😉