Get ready for the future of Mattermost mobile. Beta testers can now access Mobile v2.0, including multi-server support — our most requested mobile feature ever. We’re also bringing you a number of usability enhancements and performance improvements to make you productive on the go.
If you want to be on the cutting-edge of Mattermost mobile development, we’d encourage you to join the mobile beta program today. While beta testers may encounter some stability and performance issues, you’ll get early access to new features and more frequent updates as we rapidly iterate to release features in our production apps.
We appreciate your feedback as we look to level up the Mattermost mobile experience!
How do I sign up to be a beta tester?
- Download and install the TestFlight app on your iPhone or iPad device.
- Tap this link from your device to open it in TestFlight.
- Tap Install to download and install the “Mattermost Beta” app.
- Click this link and then select Become a Tester (you may have to login with the Google account you use on your phone).
- Click the download on Google Play link, or search for and install “Mattermost Beta” from the Google Play Store on your Android device.
Disclaimer: Beta testers may encounter some stability and performance issues as we rapidly develop. If you rely on the mobile app for mission-critical communication, we recommend you wait until a more stable launch of Mobile v2.0 becomes available later this year and instead continue to use the existing app. Since the Mattermost Beta app is a separate app from the production app that currently exists in app stores, you can use both on the same device.
What’s new with Mobile v2.0?
Multi-server support is now available on mobile, allowing you to navigate between multiple servers on your mobile device just as you can on your desktop. The new home screen will feel more familiar to desktop users as team and channel navigation no longer requires multiple taps in nested screens. You’ll also notice improved navigation to the most important screens with the introduction of a tab bar.
What’s coming soon to Mattermost mobile
We’ll be shipping updates with bug fixes every week, and continuing to add features as we work towards general availability later this year. Some of these items include:
Easily find messages and files with the ability to search based on criteria like whether a message is from a specific user, located in certain channels, sent on specific dates, and scoped within certain teams.
Dark/Light Theme Syncing with OS
When enabled, the app will automatically switch themes based on your device’s OS light or dark mode. No need to manually switch.
Calls (Beta) on Mobile v2.0
Voice calling and screen sharing are now released in beta with Mattermost v7.0. Soon, Mobile v2.0 will support Calls as well – helping users stay connected on the go.
How do I give feedback and report issues?
Your feedback is critical to help us bring Mobile v2.0 to general availability later this year. If you notice a bug or have a feature request, please don’t hesitate to let us know – we encourage you to use whichever method below is easiest for you.
- Engage with us directly in the feature channel.
- Log issues directly on Github in our mobile repository.
- Provide feedback via TestFlight or Google Play
- Fill out this Google form (this is helpful if you want to add extra details).
Whichever method you choose, we ask that you please include device information, version/build number, and optionally an email address if you’re open to chatting with us further.
For any critical issues or bugs that are interfering with your work, we recommend switching to the production app and letting us know via the feature channel so the team can investigate.
Thank you so much for your help. We look forward to your feedback!
What are the known issues?
Below are some of the known issues and missing features associated with the v2.0 beta. Feel free to reach out to us in the feature channel if you have any questions, and check out the board here for the full working list of bugs.
- The app notification badge number may not be accurate, especially if you’re using multiple servers.
- Search has not yet been implemented, but you can still search for channels or DMs via the “Find channels” bar on the homepage.
- Some account and channel settings have not yet been implemented, such as Advanced Settings in the User Profile screen.