Mattermost mobile v2.0 is a major update to the iOS and Android apps bringing support for multiple workspaces and a more stable and performant user experience that includes:
- Support for collaborating in multiple workspaces with a redesigned channel and team sidebar for easier navigation.
- Improved app responsiveness to user input, faster launch, and less memory consumed when running.
- Improved app stability so users encounter fewer crashes and bugs, as well as reduced app hang and errors if internet connectivity becomes unstable.
Users now gain a more reliable and feature-rich application, improving their experience for collaborating with their teams on the go.
How do I get Mobile v2.0?
Mobile v2.0 will launch in January 2023. You can simply update to the latest version of the mobile app in the App Store or Google Play Store. If you have automatic updates enabled for apps on your device, you will automatically get the new version once it’s released.
You can also join our mobile beta program to try out Mobile v2.0 today.
What server versions are supported by v2.0?
Mattermost Server v7.1+ is required. Our mobile-server version support policy remains unchanged: Mattermost mobile apps must be used with a supported Mattermost Server ESR or later. Please note that the Mattermost Server ESR v6.3 reached end-of-life in October 2022, and is no longer supported. Customers should now be running Mattermost Server v7.1 or later.
|Mobile App versions||Supported Server versions|
|v1.47 – v1.50||v5.37+|
|v1.51 – v1.55 (ESR)||v6.3+|
What if I have a custom build of the v1 mobile app or am deploying the mobile app myself?
If you have a complex mobile deployment or mobile upgrade process, including custom builds or EMM deployments, we recognize you may need time to update and deploy v2.0.
While we don’t expect this process to be any more complex than a typical mobile v1 upgrade, we will be offering an extended support release (v1.55 ESR) in the event you need more time to implement, test, and verify your deployment or custom changes on v2.0.
What is the lifecycle of the Mobile v1.55 ESR?
- End-of-life (EOL): July 2023
- Server compatibility: Supports Mattermost Server v6.3+
- Availability: Updated ESR versions will be shipped as patch releases (ie v1.55.x) when needed. These will be available as unsigned builds on our Github releases page.
- Support provided:
- We will fix critical security issues only until EOL (July 2023)
- We will smoke test v1.55 monthly with every new server release until EOL (July 2023).
Where should I report issues if I experience them on mobile v2.0?
You can use the in-app option, available in Profile > Settings > Report a Problem.
Where can I get in touch with feedback and questions on mobile v2.0?
Please reach out to us in our community instance in the Mobile v2 feature channel.
We also respond directly to written user reviews in the app store. So feel free to drop us feedback or questions there!