This plugin supports a two-way integration between Mattermost and GitLab. Subscribe to repositories, use GitLab events as Mattermost action triggers, and more
GitLab is a source code management and DevOps platform.
Once the GitLab plugin has been added to Mattermost by an admin, each user can connect using their own account. You can then subscribe as a channel or as an individual to notifications based on various events, including pipeline notifications and issues and PR updates.
When used in conjunction with Mattermost Playbooks for a software release process, this plugin can help to:
- Make the release process transparent and accessible
- Centralize all communications based on existing user groups
- Reduce developer toil and effort through enabling standard GitLab actions directly from a playbook
Tasks in a configured playbook can be automatically completed based on GitLab pipeline triggers, or conversely, pipeline steps can be triggered with a single click or slash command directly in a Mattermost channel.
To get started, follow the steps in the documentation to install and configure the plugin and your GitLab instance.
- Do I need to be a GitLab admin to install this?
Yes, you will need a GitLab Administrator account to complete the setup of this integration.
- Can any Mattermost users connect to GitLab?
Yes, any Mattermost user with a GitLab account can connect using this plugin once installed.
- What is the minimum required Mattermost Server Version?
Mattermost server version 7.7 and up is supported
- Note: Update the GitLab Plugin to 1.6.0 for the latest deep integration features with pipeline actions.