What’s the biggest factor in developer productivity? | The December 2022 Build
The Build is a newsletter for software engineers dedicated to sharing useful technical content on effective development and collaboration techniques. In each release, we’ll share what we’re reading this month, open source projects we’re inspired by, and more news from the DevOps community.
Read the December 2022 Build below, and subscribe to receive The Build every month right in your inbox.
What We Upvoted This Month:
- Learn how teams can take advantage of open source software for their software development lifecycle in this talk from Mattermost’s Andrew Zigler.
- Interested in self-hosting but not sure where to start? This guide to getting to started with self-hosted devices can help you navigate the decisions you’ll need to make.
- Why aligning your team around reducing uncertainty can help you collaborate more effectively.
- Want to streamline your releases? Check out the quickest way to integrate Mattermost into your GitLab release pipeline.
- What’s the biggest factor in developer productivity? Google’s latest study suggests that code quality plays a major role.
Open Source Projects to Watch
- Laudspeaker – A customer engagement platform to build messaging workflows.
- Wundergraph – A serverless API platform that’s focused on developer experience.
- Linen – A community chat tool that prioritizes search engine visibility, asynchronous communications, and support and developer tooling integrations.
Want more open source news and projects? Check out the latest edition of Open Source Matters to learn how GitHub and the Linux Foundation are investing in open source moving forward, and other stories from the open source community.
What can developers do to be more productive in 2023?
We surveyed over 300 developers and IT professionals about the productivity challenges they’re facing today, and what they’re planning to do to improve team productivity in the coming year. Check out the 2023 Guide to Developer Productivity to see what they had to say, and what you can do to make 2023 your most collaborative, productive year yet.