Mattermost 5.1 has new features that will help your team accomplish even more:
- GIF selector – express yourself more clearly by adding the perfect GIFs for the occasion without leaving the Mattermost interface
- Auto-linking plugin – link messages to other content automatically to increase productivity and empower workers to easily find information they need (e.g., create a “cash tag” so “$MSFT” links to a page on Microsoft’s stock price)
- Subpath support – host Mattermost at any route (e.g., https://www.example.com/mm) with newly added subpath support
- Mobile announcements now support Markdown – link to relevant information directly in announcement banners thanks to newly added Markdown support on mobile, plus other mobile app performance improvements
- CSV export – capture more data with an improved Compliance Export feature (Enterprise Edition)
Thanks for all community contributions this month and in particular our 5.1 MVP, Hyeseong Kim, who fixed the center channel scroll when using Grammarly in Chrome, bringing his lifetime contributions up to 13. Thank you, Hyeseong!
Bring discussions to life with GIFs
Add a human touch to static online discussions by dropping GIFs into conversations directly from the Mattermost interface thanks to our new Gfycat integration (beta).
The feature can be found in a new tab right alongside the Mattermost emoji picker. GIFs are searchable and also separated by categories, so you can easily locate the perfect one for any conversation.
Link messages automatically
Certain messages can now be formatted into Markdown links automatically before they are saved to the Mattermost database using our new auto-linking plugin (beta).
For example, you can configure Mattermost to automatically convert posts (e.g., MM-4444) to a Jira ticket instead of having to do it by hand.
Head over to the repository for more information.
Host Mattermost on any subpath
To further simplify deployment, we’ve added subpath support so that Mattermost can now be hosted at any route, such as https://www.example.com/mattermost, as an alternative to the standard https://mattermost.example.com.
Find more information here.
Markdown support for mobile announcements
Our latest mobile app features several performance upgrades:
- Added Markdown support for announcement banners
- Replaced the current channel drawer with DrawerLayout for easier channel switching on Android
- Improved channel loading speed by allowing users to retrieve posts after push notifications are received
For more, head over to the changelog.
Upgraded compliance reporting (E20)
Mattermost Enterprise Edition E20 customers have enhanced compliance support with join, leave and file upload events now captured in CSV exports.
Check this out to learn more.
Thank you to our contributors
Alexgoodman7, amyblais, AndersonWebStudio, asaadmahmood, Brodan, cjohannsen81, cometkim. comharris, coreyhulen, cpanato, crspeller, csduarte, cvitter, dmeza, DSchalla, enahum, esethna, evelikov, fbartels, greensteve, grundleborg, hmhealey, icelander, it33, jasonblais, jespino, jkurian, jwilander, kaakaa, kennethjeremyau, lfbrock, lieut-data, lindalumitchell, lisakycho, michaelgamble, mkraft, pichouk, Roy-Orbison, R-Wang97, saturninoabril, stanchan, sudheerDev,svelle, tejasbubane, ThiefMaster, wiersgallak, wildloop, yuya-oc
Install or upgrade Mattermost
New to Mattermost? Download it and try it for free.
Find help updating to the latest version of Mattermost here.
For more help on configuring Mattermost, please review our administrator’s guide.
Enterprise E10 and E20
Mattermost Enterprise E10 and E20 are commercial versions of Mattermost designed for today’s leading organizations. For more information on features and pricing, go to mattermost.com/pricing/.
Need some help with configuration? Our Enterprise subscriptions include upgrade and installation support from Mattermost, Inc.