Mattermost 5.23 includes improvements that will help your team collaborate more effectively:
- Jira Plugin v2.4 – install our updated Jira Plugin to try out several UX improvements, including the ability to transition issues via a drop-down menu, automatic hyperlinking to Jira issues, and more
- Plugin updates – get more done in Mattermost with updates to our GitHub and Autolink plugins
- New customer portal – enjoy a smoother purchase experience with a new customer portal
- Coming soon: PostgreSQL 9.4 deprecation – upgrade to PostgreSQL 10+ to ensure an optimal Mattermost environment
Try these new features by downloading Mattermost 5.23 today. Since it includes security updates, upgrading is recommended.
Note: Releases with odd minor version numbers (e.g., “5.23”) offer bug fixes and performance improvements. Releases with even minor version numbers (e.g., “5.24”) offer new features.
Thanks for all community contributions this month and in particular our 5.23 Most Valued Professional (MVP), Vladimir Lebedev, who’s made 35 lifetime contributions to the Mattermost project. Thank you, Vladimir!
Accelerate DevOps workflows with the updated Mattermost Jira Plugin
Ship software faster with the updated Mattermost Jira Plugin, which features several UX improvements, including:
- The ability to easily transition a Jira issue status using a dropdown menu instead of typing a slash command
- Easier navigation, with Jira issue codes (e.g., “MM-123”) automatically hyperlinked to the Jira issue itself
- Ephemeral messages that display a Jira issue’s meta info once the issue is created
- A new `/unassign` slash command that lets you remove the current assigned user
Thanks to Paulo Barros (@promulo), Allan Guwatudde (@aguwatudde), Sayantan Das (@itsme_sayantan), Mikael Karlsson, Bolarinwa Balogun, Seweryn Zeman for their contributions to make our Jira plugin even better!
Extend Mattermost with updated GitHub and Autolink plugins
Improve your Mattermost experience by installing or updating the following plugins:
The GitHub Plugin now gives users the ability to create issues directly from Mattermost. Use this feature to streamline your DevOps workflows by logging bugs, requests and future discussions in GitHub; subscribe to GitHub repositories; and receive Mattermost direct messages for GitHub event notifications.
Note: The GitHub plugin will become available in the Plugin Marketplace shortly after v5.23 ships.
Thanks to @dhadiseputro for the code contribution!
The Autolink Plugin automatically converts text matching a regular expression into a Markdown link. Previously, Autolink rules were global and applied to all teams and channels. Now, the rules can be restricted to a specific team or channel to provide more flexibility and a better user experience. This update is available in the Plugin Marketplace.
A streamlined Mattermost purchasing experience
To improve the customer experience in purchasing and renewing Mattermost Enterprise Edition subscriptions, we’re happy to announce a new customer portal that will be enhanced over time.
The new portal saves time by supporting credit card purchases, serving as a central location to store and access your Mattermost license, and providing a historical record of subscription purchases.
In the future, the portal will:
- Simplify renewals and expansions through a self-serve experience
- Allow organizations to designate multiple account administrators
- Enable the oversight of multiple licenses across different servers in the same organization
If you would like to purchase a new Mattermost Enterprise Edition subscription online, sign up for an account here. If you’re a current customer, you’ll be able to renew your subscription and purchase additional seats via the customer portal in the near future.
Ending support for PostgreSQL v9.4
PostgreSQL ended long-term support for version 9.4 in February. Mattermost will officially be supporting PostgreSQL version 10 with the Mattermost v5.26 release, and new installs will require PostgreSQL version 10.
Previous Mattermost versions, including our current ESR, will continue to be compatible with PostgreSQL version 9.4. In our 6.0 release (date to be announced), we plan on fully deprecating PostgreSQL 9.4.
We highly recommend upgrading to PostgreSQL version 10+ by August. To upgrade, please follow the instructions under the Upgrading Section within the PostgreSQL documentation.
In case you missed it. . .
- Mattermost 5.22: Read-only channels & channel moderation settings in E20
- Greater protection for Mattermost message data on mobile devices
- Announcing new security and control features for remote collaboration
- Running effective meetings while working remote
- How our remote team ships like clockwork
- Mattermost localization: 700,000 translations, hundreds of contributors
Thank you to our contributors
aaronrothschild, adamjclarkson, Adovenmuehle, aeomin, agarciamontoro, AGMETEOR, agnivade, ahmaddanialmohd, akarikuu, Akendo, ali-farooq0, amyblais, angeloskyratzakos, AninditaBasu, asaadmahmood, attilamolnar, avasconcelos114, avddvd, bakurits, bbodenmiller, bolariin, bradjcoughlin, cadavre, calebroseland, catalintomai, chikei, chuttam, ckavili, clarmso, cpanato, cpurta, craigwillis-mm, crspeller, ctlaltdieliet, curiousercreative, danger89, Danziger, deanwhillier, der-test, devinbinnie, dhadiseputro, DHaussermann, ebaker, emilyhollinger, enahum, enelson720, esethna, ethervoid, fedealconada, FlaviaBastos, flynbit, fmunshi, Francois-D, gabrieljackson, gigawhitlocks, gnello, gramakri, gruceqq, grundleborg, gsagula, hahmadia, hajowieland, hanzei, haydenhw, hectorskypl, hmhealey, ialorro, iamsayantan, icelander, igor47, iomodo, isacikgoz, it33, jasonblais, jaydeland, jespino, jfrerich, johnthompson365, josephbaylon, jupenur, justinegeffen, justledbetter, jwilander, kaakaa, Kaya_Zeren, larkox, levb, lfbrock, lieut-data, lindalumitchell, lynn915, marianunez, MatthewDorner, mbecca, meilon, metanerd, mgdelacroix, michaelschiffmm, mickmister, migbot, mkraft, mlongo4290, mo2menelzeiny, moussetc, natalie-hub, nevyangelova, Nirei, nvjacobo, oguera, Pafzedog, popstr, promulo, Qovaros, rahimrahman, rajeshkp, rakhi2104, rbradleyhaas, reflog, rodcorsi, saturninoabril, sbishel, shred86, srkgupta, streamer45, stylianosrigas, sudheerDev, svelle, syuo7, T0biii, theo-o, TheoVitkovskiy, thePanz, uhlhosting, vesari, vespian, VishalSwarnkar, wget, wiersgallak, wiggin77, Willyfrog, ztrayner
Install or upgrade Mattermost
Find help updating to the latest version of Mattermost here.
For more help on configuring Mattermost, please review our administrator’s guide.
Enterprise E10 and E20
Mattermost Enterprise E10 and E20 are commercial versions of Mattermost designed for high-trust organizations and include upgrade and installation support. For more information on features and pricing, visit mattermost.com/pricing.