On July 16, 2017 we released API version 4, offering:
- Fully documented API endpoints at api.mattermost.com
- More in-depth access to server functionality
- Wider use of established HTTP verbs
- Consistent endpoint structures
- A new and improved Go driver
Back then, we also announced that API version 3 will be deprecated on January 16, 2018. This date is now approaching, and we strongly recommend migrating your integrations to API version 4. Find tips on migrating from API v3 to v4 here.
The major changes include:
- Endpoint URLs only require team IDs when necessary (for example, getting a channel by ID does not require a team ID in API v4).
- Collection endpoints now generally return lists and include paging as part of the query string.
- User ID is now included in most user endpoints to allow admins to use these endpoints to modify other users.
If you have any feedback, let us know in the comments below or on the forums.
More about Mattermost:
Install or Upgrade Mattermost
New to Mattermost? Download it and try it for free.
Need help upgrading to the latest version of Mattermost? Head over here.
Mattermost Enterprise Edition E10 and E20 are commercial versions of Mattermost designed for today’s leading organizations. For more information on features and pricing, check this out.
Need some help configuring everything? Grab a subscription today and enjoy upgrade and installation support from Mattermost.